This page details the NICE Classifications as specified by the World Intellectual Property Organization
The Philippines is a participant in the WIPO. You can also learn more about the WIPO in general here.
All trademarks must designate a class (or multiple classes) to be registered in. We suggest you contact our expert staff for guidance on choosing a category.
There are a total of 45 classes, separated into two categories, with 34 for goods and 11 for services. Both goods and services can be registered for trademarks in Philippines. For your reference, below you can find the complete list of classes as designated by the WIPO.
Goods classes for registering a trademark
- Chemicals used in industry, science and photography, as well as in agriculture, horticulture and forestry; unprocessed artificial resins, unprocessed plastics; manures; fire extinguishing compositions; tempering and soldering preparations; chemical substances for preserving foodstuffs; tanning substances; adhesives used in industry. Click here for Class 1 details.
- Paints, varnishes, lacquers; preservatives against rust and against deterioration of wood; colorants; mordants; raw natural resins; metals in foil and powder form for painters, decorators, printers and artists. Click here for Class 2 details.
- Bleaching preparations and other substances for laundry use; cleaning, polishing, scouring and abrasive preparations; soaps; perfumery, essential oils, cosmetics, hair lotions; dentifrices. Click here for Class 3 details.
- Industrial oils and greases; lubricants; dust absorbing, wetting and binding com positions; fuels (including motor spirit) and illuminates; candles and wicks for lighting. Click here for Class 4 details.
- Pharmaceutical and veterinary preparations; sanitary preparations for medical purposes; dietetic food and substances adapted for medical or veterinary use, food for babies; dietary supplements for humans and animals; plasters, materials for dressings; material for stopping teeth, dental wax; disinfectants; preparations for destroying vermin; fungicides, herbicides. Click here for Class 5 details.
- Common metals and their alloys; metal building materials; transportable buildings of metal; materials of metal for railway tracks; non-electric cables and wires of common metal; ironmongery, small items of metal hardware; pipes and tubes of metal; safes; goods of common metal not included in other classes; ores. Click here for Class 6 details.
- Machines and machine tools; motors and engines (except for land vehicles); machine coupling and transmission components (except for land vehicles); agricultural implements other than hand-operated; incubators for eggs; automatic vending machines. Click here for Class 7 details.
- Hand tools and implements (hand-operated); cutlery; side arms; razors. Click here for Class 8 details.
- Scientific, nautical, surveying, photographic, cinematographic, optical, weighing, measuring, signalling, checking (supervision), life-saving and teaching apparatus and instruments; apparatus and instruments for conducting, switching, transforming, accumulating, regulating or controlling electricity; apparatus for recording, transmission or reproduction of sound or images; magnetic data carriers, recording discs; compact discs, DVDs and other digital recording media; mechanisms for coin-operated apparatus; cash registers, calculating machines, data processing equipment, computers; computer software; fire-extinguishing apparatus. Click here for Class 9 details.
- Surgical, medical, dental and veterinary apparatus and instruments, artificial limbs, eyes and teeth; orthopaedic articles; suture materials. Click here for Class 10 details.
- Apparatus for lighting, heating, steam generating, cooking, refrigerating, drying, ventilating, water supply and sanitary purposes. Click here for Class 11 details.
- Vehicles; apparatus for locomotion by land, air or water. Click here for Class 12 details.
- Firearms; ammunition and projectiles; explosives; fireworks. Click here for Class 13 details.
- Precious metals and their alloys and goods in precious metals or coated therewith, not included in other classes; jewellery, precious stones; horological and chronometric instruments. Click here for Class 14 details.
- Musical instruments. Click here for Class 15 details.
- Paper, cardboard and goods made from these materials, not included in other classes; printed matter; bookbinding material; photographs; stationery; adhesives for stationery or household purposes; artists’ materials; paint brushes; typewriters and office requisites (except furniture); instructional and teaching material (except apparatus); plastic materials for packaging (not included in other classes); printers’ type; printing blocks. Click here for Class 16 details.
- Rubber, gutta-percha, gum, asbestos, mica and goods made from these materials and not included in other classes; plastics in extruded form for use in manufacture; packing, stopping and insulating materials; flexible pipes, not of metal. Click here for Class 17 details.
- Leather and imitations of leather, and goods made of these materials and not included in other classes; animal skins, hides; trunks and travelling bags; umbrellas and parasols; walking sticks; whips, harness and saddlery. Click here for Class 18 details.
- Building materials (non-metallic); non-metallic rigid pipes for building; asphalt, pitch and bitumen; non-metallic transportable buildings; monuments, not of metal. Click here for Class 19 details.
- Furniture, mirrors, picture frames; goods (not included in other classes) of wood, cork, reed, cane, wicker, horn, bone, ivory, whalebone, shell, amber, mother-of-pearl, meerschaum and substitutes for all these materials, or of plastics. Click here for Class 20 details.
- Household or kitchen utensils and containers; combs and sponges; brushes (except paint brushes); brush-making materials; articles for cleaning purposes; steelwool; unworked or semi-worked glass (except glass used in building); glassware, porcelain and earthenware not included in other classes. Click here for Class 21 details.
- Ropes, string, nets, tents, awnings, tarpaulins, sails, sacks and bags (not included in other classes); padding and stuffing materials (except of rubber or plastics); raw fibrous textile materials. Click here for Class 22 details.
- Yarns and threads, for textile use. Click here for Class 23 details.
- Textiles and textile goods, not included in other classes; bed covers; table covers. Click here for Class 24 details.
- Clothing, footwear, headgear. Click here for Class 25 details.
- Lace and embroidery, ribbons and braid; buttons, hooks and eyes, pins and needles; artificial flowers. Click here for Class 26 details.
- Carpets, rugs, mats and matting, linoleum and other materials for covering existing floors; wall hangings (non-textile). Click here for Class 27 details.
- Games and playthings; gymnastic and sporting articles not included in other classes; decorations for Christmas trees. Click here for Class 28 details.
- Meat, fish, poultry and game; meat extracts; preserved, frozen, dried and cooked fruits and vegetables; jellies, jams, compotes; eggs; milk and milk products; edible oils and fats. Click here for Class 29 details.
- Coffee, tea, cocoa and artificial coffee; rice; tapioca and sago; flour and preparations made from cereals; bread, pastry and confectionery; ices; sugar, honey, treacle; yeast, baking-powder; salt; mustard; vinegar, sauces (condiments); spices; ice. Click here for Class 30 details.
- Grains and agricultural, horticultural and forestry products not included in other classes; live animals; fresh fruits and vegetables; seeds; natural plants and flowers; foodstuffs for animals; malt. Click here for Class 31 details.
- Beers; mineral and aerated waters and other non-alcoholic beverages; fruit beverages and fruit juices; syrups and other preparations for making beverages. Click here for Class 32 details.
- Alcoholic beverages (except beers). Click here for Class 33 details.
- Tobacco; smokers’ articles; matches. Click here for Class 34 details.
Services classes for registering a trademark
- Advertising; business management; business administration; office functions. Click here for Class 35 details.
- Insurance; financial affairs; monetary affairs; real estate affairs. Click here for Class 36 details.
- Building construction; repair; installation services. Click here for Class 37 details.
- Telecommunications. Click here for Class 38 details.
- Transport; packaging and storage of goods; travel arrangement. Click here for Class 39 details.
- Treatment of materials. Click here for Class 40 details.
- Education; providing of training; entertainment; sporting and cultural activities. Click here for Class 41 details.
- Scientific and technological services and research and design relating thereto; industrial analysis and research services; design and development of computer hardware and software. Click here for Class 42 details.
- Services for providing food and drink; temporary accommodation. Click here for Class 43 details.
- Medical services; veterinary services; hygienic and beauty care for human beings or animals; agriculture, horticulture and forestry services. Click here for Class 44 details.
- Legal services; security services for the protection of property and individuals; personal and social services rendered by others to meet the needs of individuals. Click here for Class 45 details.
Some of our trademark clients
We provide Trademark Registration services in the Philippines. Our legal global services provide much lower prices than some law firms with Trademark Applications.
Get a fast answer on your trademark check
Includes all gov’t fees and taxes
Includes all gov’t fees and taxes